There are presently no open calls for submissions.
After 41 years of print, Hair Trigger has moved online. Hair Trigger is made possible through the English & Creative Writing Department at Columbia College Chicago. Check us out and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Hair Trigger is accepting submissions for our Summer, 2020 issue. We are open to all genres and styles.
- We do not accept previously published work, unless solicited.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please submit a maximum of two pieces for consideration per issue.
- We will consider submissions up to 5,000 words in length. Flash fiction under 1,000 words is welcomed. Excerpts from longer work will also be considered, as long as the excerpt is self-contained.
VISUAL ART GUIDELINES
- We are open to all genres and styles.
- In order to submit we ask that you provide up to 10 pieces of visual art (photos, paintings, Illustrations, etc.) in .jpeg format.
- Submit at 72 dpi and 750 pixels on the longest side.